This List Of Tools and Supplies For Selling Through Amazon’s FBA Program Alone Is Worth Several Hundred Dollars In Time and Money Saved! Seriously…
I wish I had known this when I got started because it would have saved me time and money getting my first shipment uploaded, labels printed, and then the items shipped to Amazon:
- You’ll need boxes. I use 14 x 14 x 14, 12 x 12 x12, and I also re-use boxes that I get when I order things for myself. You can order boxes at Uline, or you can try Staples (but they are expensive and I only use them in emergencies). However, good news! I found these boxes on Amazon for real cheap! There weren’t here before when we were searching for deals on boxes.
- You’ll need labels. You are going to label items for the Amazon FBA program. The easiest way to get started is to use Avery 8160 (1” x 2 5/8”). There are 30 to a sheet. So you’ll also need a printer. Everyone has a printer right?
- You’ll need a desktop barcode scanner. Get this one to start. It’s the one I use. You’ll need it for scanning barcodes from products you are going to list into your Amazon FBA Sellers account.
- You’ll need packing tape. Get a packing tape dispenser like this one. It’s not the cheapest one but you want a solid one for this kind of work. You need it to make it easy to tape up your boxes. Here’s cheap packing tape.
- You must have a scale to weight your boxes. But you need one that is readable when a large box is on top of it. There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to read a tiny scale underneath a large heavy box. Get this one because the digital plate can detach so that you can put a large box on it, making it easy to read. It’s good and cheap. It’s the one I use.
- You’ll need a tape measure to measure your boxes.
- Get these label removers because you must remove all labels on all products including books. Do not use your fingers because you’ll be doing it a lot and your fingernails and fingers will get sore. Also, buy 600 grit sandpaper because these label removers are plastic and get dull fast. Simply put a little water on the sand paper and gently sand the bottom and around the top for a minute and it’s good as new. You’ll be doing this quite frequently. It’s no big deal.
- You need a smart phone so you can use the apps to scan items when you are out scouting for products. I have used all the apps out there including FBA Scan. Now all I use is the Amazon app. I would use FBA Scan if I was doing more Library book sales, but I am not. If you are planning on going to Library books sales you’ll want to use a separate scanner like this and link it to a program like FBA Scout.
Also, I found that the FBA Scan app wasn’t always accurate. I’ll do a review of the other apps on my website, but for now all you really need to get out there and start finding some treasure is the Amazon app if you are strapped for money, or use the FBA Scan App.
These Amazon Selling Tools and Supplies Are The Bare Bone Minimum Needed To Start Selling on The FBA Program…
These supplies and tools will get you started at the lowest out of pocket expense. But you will need other supplies as you go along.
- If you find clothes that you want to sell, Amazon has certain requirements like putting them into a certain type of bag.
- Another example is selling rare books, comics, DVD’s, CD’s, and even cassettes and VHS tapes (yes they actually sell). You may want to ‘board and back’ the comics and put the books into a zip lock bag to protect it from handling, or shrinkwrapping them. I do this myself. I have an old shrink wrap machine that bought over 10 years ago which is super handy for sealing DVD’s and books. Sometimes you want to really make an impact on your customer to get the positive feedback. This is probably something you should invest in. They are not very expensive.
- You will also want to get FBA shipping labels for the box you will be shipping to Amazon. You can print on paper and tape of over it but this becomes a problem after a couple of shipments. I use Avery shipping labels.
If you enjoyed this article and found it helpful can you do me a solid and share it through your favorite social network? And be sure to subscribe to my feed at the very least or sign up for my mini course. Thanks friend 🙂